Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Stickered

Stickers. The kind children get on A+ papers, the kind you scratch and sniff, the kind that scrapbookers find so gosh-darn cute. Yes, they leave a sticky goo behind and are most often times banned from events held in public buildings. Much like the glitter which is banned from any cheer camp staying at OSU, but that is a separate matter, which we will no doubt discuss in full detail.

Anyhoo, stickers. I love them...well, most of them. I like the artistic ones, the cute fancy letters, the ones that I can add to an altered art piece and still be able to happily say that it is mine. The scratch and sniffs, "way to go's" and stickers of those sorts are all just a waste of paper and adhesive as far as I am concerned. But no one asked me. What I am getting to today is this amazing website I found in my blog feed this morning. It was posted by a blogger I follow, who can be found at the bottom of this page, her blog's name is AnnaLikes. It is a neat blog, I really enjoy looking through it. What caught my attention today was a website which specializes in wall decals and just decals in general. Not the tacky wall decals that everyone and their dog have been purchasing to "decorate" their homes, dorm rooms....etc. Yes, I am a tad bit bitter about these decals. They are not artistic and very generic. They are providing people with an "easy" way to decorate and for some odd reason it just makes me nauseous. I'm sorry if I am offending any of my readers who have tried to decorate with these. I'm just venting.

So...this website. So presh. It has wall decals which are very artistic and are a great breakaway from the decals with quotes and things saying cheesy and cliche sayings. These are clever and a little gutsy. My personal favorite was the decal for a refrigerator...found in the kitchen section. The decals made for children's bedrooms are so adorable and the living room ones are very humorous. They have also produced a series dealing with energy, which, by the way, all of their decals are eco friendly! In my opinion wall decals, should act as part of the wall (like a mural)...they should not be the centerpiece of the room. These seem to do just that! They would definitely add conversation pieces to any room.

Check them out at www.hu2.com. You won't regret it, I promise.


So, as you go about your day, remember to always be you. Whether you are decorating a room or picking out your clothes or writing a speech--let your uniqueness show! And remember...it's the random reasons...

No comments: