Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Flower Pots in the Kitchen

Hello everyone! Hope your weekends went fabulously. I started moving things into the new apartment on Saturday and then we finally got the power turned on on Tuesday. It was a hot weekend, but extremely productive nonetheless. My stress is starting to die down now that things are starting to come together, the furniture is looking like it is all going to fit, and the apartment is coming together very nicely. My mom came down on Monday night and we unloaded almost all of the "big" furniture on Tuesday morning at a very early 6 a.m. We were finished by almost 7:30 and then she left around 8:30. It was great to see her while she was here!

So now I have a few projects:

1. Getting the apartment ready.
2. Refinishing the dresser.
3. Refinishing the desk.
4. Decorating and constantly making things "pretty."

So...3 and 4 on the list were my own choice. I love taking things that people are going to just throw away and fixing them up into something that no one else has and that everyone else envies. It is so  much fun, especially after I have fixed up some one's something and they end up wishing they had kept it and just asked me to fix it for them. I also love Hobby Lobby and Lowes and antique stores, so this just gives me an excuse. No worries, all of you will stay up to date on the progress of my "Projects with Potential" haha.

It really isn't an art project, but I made some innovative silverware holders this last weekend. I already had a bunch of silverware given to me by my grandma before I left for college, and I was having the hardest time finding a silverware holder that fit in a drawer or that I liked. So while at the desk during one of my shifts I googled "silverware holders." One lady had used flower pots. I instantly loved it and went after work to buy some. I found some in the clearance section of Walmart, took them home, and added a little snazz to them. I love how they turned out! Who would have thought--flower pots in the kitchen!


It just goes to show that any problem can be fixed and that anything can be made adorable, so smile as you go about your day and remember...it's the random reasons.

No comments: