Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pulling Out the Hair

Someone once said that "Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness."

Stress. Stress. Stress. It seems to always be lurking around the corner, ready to chase you, tackle you, and consume you as soon as you seem to be a tad bit worry free. I do not handle stress well. In high school it made me physically sick, but unless my mom interfered I just kept trucking along. Now, my mom is not around to tell me to "take it easy: or "to get some rest" so it is much easier to find myself buried in a big deep pile of stinky stress. I know...I'm terrible. However, I have learned how I handle it...I just keep going until whatever is stressing me out is accomplished or until I just have to take a moment to breathe. It usually only takes a moment to temporarily talk myself into settling down. I'm sorry for the rant, I suppose this is one way of my attempts to release some of my stress. I have yet to have an ulcer...so that is a plus! haha!



What I am telling all of you is to stop and smell the roses, to not give yourself an ulcer over nothing, and to allow yourself some relaxation time. I will try to take some of my own medicine. It will most likely be bitter. So relax! And, as always, remember that it's the random reasons...

No comments: