Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hung At Last

Good morning everyone! Hope you all have been absolutely wonderful! I have been busy busy with the new apartment and work. That seems to be my life at the moment...work, work on the apartment, sleep, work...but I am loving almost every bit of it! The apartment is coming along. I still need to move my essentials over from the dorms to the new place (my art supplies and clothing), but it will get done soon I am sure. We have been cooking in the kitchen. I LOVE it! I made a cake, then some grilled cheese, and then last night we made tortellini and bread. Nothing too ambitious at the moment, but we haven't gone grocery shopping for a lot of items yet. It is crazy starting  kitchen from scratch. I am so used to cooking at my home in Guymon where the pantry is full, there are refrigerators and freezers with food in them, and the spice cabinet is bursting at the seems. Cooking in my first kitchen has proved to be a challenge because if I want something, or anything really, I have to go buy the ingredients. Oh well, I suppose it has to start somewhere. One day I will have the kitchen full of food and spices, and will not have to plan a shopping trip to make a single meal. Grilled cheese, however...I have all the ingredients for that.

Anyhoo, I did not plan on blogging about my kitchen today. What I had planned on was telling you all that my final 2D design piece, the couch, which you all have seen through the entire design process has finally been hung! I cannot express how excited I was when C.J. surprised me one morning saying that he had "kidnapped" my couch pieces. I am sure I gave him a look and he told me that he had taken them to Hobby Lobby to get framed. We went and picked them up the same afternoon. When we got home I wasted no time opening the bag they were in and checking out the frame job. The frames looked great. Everything still lined up, and then I saw it...an orange speck on the back cushion of the monochromatic blue couch. It was pastel. I got most of it off, but it still left a stain. Knowing that I could fix it (as you can fix basically ANYTHING when it comes to art) I wasn't upset about it. The framer probably forgot to clean off the table after framing a pastel piece. No big deal. C.J. was upset about this though, and took the painting into Hobby Lobby the next morning. He told me that he was completely polite to the people and ended up getting the entire frame job for free. He brought the painting home and I fixed it and then hung the three pieces up. They look so wonderful in the wall and I am so incredibly happy that they are no longer hidden away in my art bag.


So as you go about your day today work hard so that you will be able to enjoy the finished project one day! And remember...it's the random reasons...

No comments: