Friday, July 15, 2011

Nine.

Hello everyone. Hope you all are doing well. I am posting a project today--hooray! Today's project is a little bit different in the sense that it is extremely personal and is actually the ninth and final of its kind. After an accident in the summer of 2009, I took a year to make an altered book, just for me. It helped me grieve and it gave me something to treasure. Then, as Christmas gifts to 7 little terr--I mean lovely children, I made 7 more books, each unique to the person who would be possessing it. Now, I am on my ninth and final project. This particular book is turning out to be more artsy than the other 8. While looking back at my book to get ideas and such, I noticed that mine, while creative and fun, tended to stay more towards the traditional artistic trends of the Panhandle, whereas, this book is a little bit more modern. Don't get me wrong, I like them both, but I am really excited for this book which will be going to my sister.

It is bittersweet to be finishing up these books. I have very much enjoyed being able to use my artistic skills to help me grieve and to help my siblings and cousins remember their papa. Kaitlynn's book is not finished yet, but will be soon. I am planning on giving it to her on July 20, which will mark the two year mark since the accident. I hope she likes it.

Here is a sample of the book, the very first pages....



As you go about your day think of someone you love and let them know that you love them, you never know if you will get tomorrow with them. And, as always....it's the random reasons.

No comments: