Monday, July 25, 2011

Crafty Do, Crafty Does

Hello everybody! Hope you all had wonderful weekends! I have a sneak peek into the apartment for you all today! I have been limiting the amount of the apartment that I show people, just because I am waiting to show it to everyone when it is completely perfect, and it is nearly there. However, today, just my blog readers will get to see a few of the things going on in the apartment...sort of like a trailer for a movie. No worries, you still don't get to see everything!

I went home this last week, and made it back to Stillwater with some great finds that were in need of a makeover....

Salt and Pepper Shakers + Napkin Holder. These started out just black and chrome, but I transformed them to match the table and the centerpiece. Also, the salt reads: Na Cl and the pepper: Pe + (Pe) r. I just had to do something different! These were a score because I was able to get these for free from my grandma's storage unit.


Shelf with coat hooks. This was another awesome grab from my grandma's storage unit. It started out as a dark wood, and I painted it white, added some brass studs, and then glued on some pearls. It turned out to be one of my favorite pieces so far!




Coasters. These were made from some scrap canvas paper that I had in the cabinet at the apartment. I like them mainly because...1) They can be repainted. 2) They are reversible, one side girly, one side more modern art. 3) They were free and super easy!  





Glassware. I did not actually make these, but I found them in Hobby Lobby the other day for 1/2 price. What a great deal! I loved the colors and I plan on getting more. My favorite thing about them? When the morning light comes through the windows and hits them...it is beautiful. I debated on filling them or leaving them empty. When all was said and done, I ended up filling them with light colored or clear altered art supplies: silver beads in the blue bottle, clear "diamonds" in the pink, and white beads in the orange. This way they serve a purpose while still looking gorgeous! 



Pillow! I finished another pillow, in only about an hour and a half! I was excited. Only 4 more pillows to go! 



Well there you go! A sneak peek into the apartment. Get ready for the complete tour which will be coming very soon! As for today, remember that with some creativity and Modge Podge you can turn a snag from a garage sale into a one and only designer piece! Oh, and don't forget--it's the random reasons.

No comments: