Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Recycling the Roses

It is crazy insane how fast a bolt of creative lightning can strike one's mind...or maybe it is just my eccentric and random self thinking up new ideas. We may never know. Well, yesterday, during my 2D design class I came up with this exciting new idea for an art piece to hang in my apartment this fall. It really had nothing to do with the lecture yesterday, which was about color theory and color practice, but it is very colorful, so I guess it wasn't purely just daydreaming.

A while back my boyfriend surprised me with a dozen red roses. They were beautiful. They smelled wonderful. They lit up the room. Wanting to make them last as long as possible I took a picture of them...with my phone. I guess I figured that there would be more to come in the future, so I didn't even bother dragging out the camera (hopefully there are more!). The picture went up for everyone to see on Facebook and I played around with it in Picnik so that I could make it look swanky for a background on my iPod. My new project will use that same picture 13 times in 16 sections. I am so excited! I created the project on the computer using Picnik, Paint, PowerPoint, and Shutterfly...I really should invest in some sort of photo editing software. Anyhoo, the final piece will be constructed out of canvas, some acrylic, and a lot of collage. So pumped about this! No worries...you will one of the first to know of the finished project, but for now, I am going to only give you a snippet of it.


So just remember that you can almost always get more than you think out of something you have already made beautiful.
And remember...it's the random reasons.

No comments: