Thursday, March 24, 2011

Imagination Express.

Wow, it has been a while since I last posted. Sorry about that. It has been crazy busy here with a ton of work and homework, and it really does not help when it is nice outside. All I want to do is go out and enjoy the weather! However, the last few weeks have been wonderful! I was able to see my sister and BPA friends in Tulsa, then I was able to go home and see my family during Spring Break. These last few weeks have also been very creatively productive as well! Yay! It is super exciting!

My last design project was an assignment to use a metaphorical window to explore the concepts of perspective and space....it was fun...sort of. I had fun with it while painting--but the rest was a tad bit tedious. Maybe it did not help that this project was assigned to be completed during Spring Break which automatically means that it was going to be created the Monday and Tuesday before it was due. However, I did start drawing it on Saturday night...so not a ton of procrastination, but not exactly overachieving either.  The idea behind my piece was to capture the use of imagination that children have when they play with cardboard boxes. I have always loved the idea of making empty cardboard boxes into fun things, so this concept was at least interesting to me--which is always good. The left side of the work reads as very gloomy and gray, this is meant to be the "real" world, void of color and creativity. Then when the eyes transition over to the right they are taken through a cardboard box, where they are able to peer through big pink flowers to see a bright and fun land with a pathway leading to a castle. It is playful. It fit the assignment. It made me smile. All aboard the Imagination Express.


So, as you go about your day and your week, remember that with a little imagination you can turn frumpy into spunky. Or you could just make something ugly into something really awesome.
Remember...its the random reasons.

No comments: