Sunday, March 27, 2011

Jack-o-lopes and Rainbows

When googled one will discover that jack-o-lopes are described as North America's rarest animal...a rabbit with antlers. uh-huh....right. Maybe they are real, but most likely and in my opinion they are purely fictional. However, that does not stop me from informing all of you that there is such thing as a Uni-jack. Let me explain...

My sister, Kaitlynn, loves PillowPets. You know, "it's a pillow, it's a pet...it's a pillowpet!" Anyhoo, with my amazing discount at work (haha) I purchased a unicorn pillow pet. After leaving the store, we headed over to the wonderful oasis of fun, a.k.a. Hobby Closed-on-Sunday Lobby. When we left Hobby Closed-on-Sunday Lobby we had rabbit ears, a ducky patch, and some red fur in our possession. That night I sewed the ducky patch onto the rump of the unicorn, and attached the rabbit ears on the top of the unicorns head. Then used the red fur to make a turban-like hat for the pillow. After all of that, I used ribbon to sew the phrase, "It's so fluffy" onto the belly of the unicorn, and feeling as though the project was not yet complete, I attached a few buttons to the unicorn's horn. When finished, the pillowpet looked absolutely magical. I was a little bit in shock with the success I had with sewing (seeing how I usually end up stapling things instead of using a needle and thread). I was so excited to see the reaction that Kaitlynn would have when she received the pillowpet...and I think she loved it. It has been on several speech trips and track trips with her, so it is safe to say that it is being well loved.


So as you go about the rest of your day, just remember that even something generic found in a technology store can be crafted into something full of fun and adorability (new word).  Remember, it's the random reasons.

No comments: