Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Big Fluffy Armadillo

It's the middle of the week, and so far the week has been both productive and not stressful. Amazing? I think so. I suppose the big topic for today would be the new acronym in my life--BFA. Contrary to what the title of today's entry leads you to believe, it does not mean that I now have a new pal in my life. It also is not referring to the Balloon Federation of America, which by the way is pretty swanky. Definitely something to look in to! (http://www.bfa.net/) The BFA in my world has to do with college and art, yes I have officially changed my major. Yay!

With the whole "artist" label being sewn back into my life, I have decided  to use the blog as a random reason to showcase some of my creations, once I figure out just how to do that! Art has been a big part of my life since the third grade and it just seems right to be serious about it once again. I am also bracing myself for the reactions I will now most likely be getting when I am asked the ever-so-popular question of  "What are you majoring in?" With my first major being Architectural Engineering and the second being Strategic Communications, Studio Art just doesn't have the "importance" kick to it. That is just fine with me though. I have finally realized that it doesn't matter what the world thinks you should do, what matters is that in your future you can find multiple random reasons to smile throughout your day. That is why I need, not just want, art.

In honor of finally making a decision about my major I have posted my very first oil painting. Brings back so many memories and so much excitement for the future.



So as you go about your day just remember that no matter what everyone else thinks, it is completely up to you to find your happy.
 Remember...it's the random reasons.

No comments: