Tuesday, August 9, 2011

No Bake Baking

Hello everyone! Hope you are having a fabulous Tuesday morning! Tuesdays have always been my favorite day of the week, but that it another story, so on to the good stuff.

I have been baking all morning. I have been at the desk all morning. 20 cupcakes, 6 cakes, 3 cookies, 1 pie, and 1 brownie. I have been slightly busy. Every confection has been decorated with the utmost care and finest attention to detail--no laziness here! But...I must let you all in on a little confession--I haven't actually baked my baked goods. Nope, not even in the slightest. They are completely no baked confections.

If you haven't guessed it yet, I have been drawing.....baked goods. No, I am not just dong this for my love of pretty desserts. I am actually doing a project for a bakery's blog. So, all morning I have been sketching away several designs for the bakery to look at and decide which will be the face of their blog. Hopefully they like one of them! I tried to have a little bit of fun with them, and I am very happy with how they have turned out.

Here is a sneak peek, but so I do not ruin the blog's unveiling of the artwork, I am only going to show you all the black and white pre-sketches done with pen and ink. (one of my favorite mediums to work with!)


I can't wait to get them sent to the bakery and see what they choose!  I would have to have one of each. Get some dessert today, and enjoy it! Oh and, as always, remember...it's the random reasons.