Monday, August 15, 2011

Get Ready

Hello everyone! Hope you all had fabulous weekends! I did--I went to visit my aunt and uncle and their baby, Karsten in Arkansas. It is so pretty there! Anyhoo, back to the blog post. Because of some of the events that today brought I started thinking about school and how it starts on Monday. Not a big deal. I am ready for a consistent schedule. I am ready for art assignments. I am ready for fall and the beauty and weather it brings. So....get ready, because I am sure with all of my art classes that my blog (which was originally intended to showcase some of my artwork) will hopefully start to fill up with some of my creations. My fall schedule consists of Geography (have to get those sciences out of the way!), Art History Survey 1, History of Baroque Art, 3D Art Fundamentals, and Drawing II. Lots of art, but that is a good thing considering I am now officially a Studio Art major.


Now on to some actual art! Remember the designs I was asked to create? Well, I finished them and now it is time to play the waiting game to see which design gets to be featured on the blog. It adds a little excitement not knowing. Here is one of the designs that a lot of people have liked:

"Big Cupcake, Little Cakes"

The designs were drawn out in pen and ink, then painted in colored pencil. They were so much fun!
Stay tuned to find out which design made the cut! I can't wait!

I also worked on some projects for my aunt who just got a teaching job. She found out last week that she was the new 9th grade biology/physics teacher, so to help her out I decorated her classroom. I always thought highly of my teachers when their rooms were carefully decorated. I also made her some signs...a name sign, a privacy sign (pictured below), two bulletin boards, and her "expectations" signs. It was a lot of fun!


It is always a blessing when I can help out my family and friends with my love of art. Sometimes my talent and passion seems useless in the real world. Sure, art adds flare to basically everywhere, but its not really a big resume builder when looking into non-artsy jobs. So I am always thrilled when I am asked to do something for someone! It makes me feel extremely helpful.

As you all go about your day, find ways to make your talents, skills, and passions shine! Use them to help someone out--it will make you feel like a rock star. And, as always, it's the random reasons...





No comments: