Friday, May 27, 2011

WhiteLined Sketching

I don't do this too often. Meaning that I do not usually post twice in one day, but I have since done some sketching since I last wrote to all of you. Now, this does not mean that you can skip out on checking out the blog I listed below. Don't forget. Check it out.

Ok, so....I have started this project for my grandma who is renovating her house, or at least planning on renovating. She asked me to draw out some plans so that she could get a visual. This type of sketch is a little different than most of the art I have been doing, or ever done. It has been fun though. It is different and that is ALWAYS a good thing. Boredom and the usual are bad things when it comes to art. They ultimately mean that an artist is about to get "burned out" and that art will become a job and not something they love and look forward to. It is one of the worst things that can happen to an artist, along with the customer satisfaction disease...but that is definitely another blog post. Anyhoo, here is one of the kitchen designs I played with tonight. I found some really awesome grid paper at Hobby-closed-on-Sunday-Lobby. It is a light grey with white grid lines. The lines are easy to see, but also easy to draw on top of. The paper is also great for both pencil and marker use. I love it. Whitelines. Google it.


So, as you go about your day, try to do things differently. Try something new for lunch, walk a different route to work, make a new friend, read a new blog (check out the link on the last blog =D), and just remember that it's the random reasons....

No comments: