Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Trinket for Thursday


Hello everyone. Before I get into today's trinket, I do need to apologize to those of you who might have noticed that there was no trinket last Thursday. I am sincerely sorry. The only excuse I have was that I was busy with projects and was getting sick. Anyhoo, today I have a trinket and am also pleased to announce that I will have one if not more artwork posts in the coming days.

Today's trinket is more or less selfish, it is an announcement and most likely has nothing to do with any of my readers. I have been incredibly unfocused today due to the fact that today, September 22, is exactly 10 days since my Momentum Art Show submission was due, 12 days since I submitted my art, and is the day that the artists are supposed to be notified as to whether their submissions were accepted or....rejected. I have found myself checking their website for the selected artist list and excessively checking my email for my personal message. Since I started typing this post (with my email open, of course) I have received two emails, both of which made a little "ding" when they got to my inbox. Each time made my heart rate speed up a little bit. One was the Recipe of the Day from allrecipes.com and the other was a list of art which will be on my Italian Renaissance quiz next Tuesday. I deleted the recipe and saved the study material.

If you haven't noticed, I am stressing out hardcore. I promised myself I would not get my hopes up, but knowing that I am supposed to find out this news before 5pm today is KILLING me! I will update you all with results.

So, there you go, today's trinket is the reason for my stress and lack of attention today. Regardless of the outcome, I am proud of myself for putting myself and my work out there to be judged. As you go about the rest of your day, don't hide your talent. People will either appreciate or they won't, but as long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters. Oh and, as always, it's the random reasons.

No comments: