Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Quirky Treat

Hello everyone! Hope this finds you well and happy! Today I have something for you that is really neat. I realize that it is Thursday, but today I don't really want to have this be a "Trinket for Thursday." So, here we go.
Back in November CJ and I went to the OKC Museum of Art for my birthday. It was a ton of fun, and my favorite exhibit while we were there was one by Franco Mondini Ruiz whose artwork is extremely lighthearted, colorful, and fun. His artwork is quickly finding a place in my heart and is starting to be very inspirational to me as I start figuring out what direction I will take my art next. Here is a video from the opening night of his show:


Hopefully you enjoyed the video and got to see how wonderful his art is. Many times artists have trouble figuring out how to sell their artwork, but Ruiz seems to have found a unique and clever way to do that. Here is his website if you would like to check out what he is up to now:


As you go about your day, try to be lighthearted and fun while doing your job or chores. Think of a new way to do them and try it out--maybe it is a better way. Have a great weekend everybody! Oh and remember...its the random reasons.

No comments: